How to write a list of 10 goals for the year
When setting personal goals, it is important to take stock of where we are. This applies to all areas of life.
You may not have any financial problems, but your personal life has suffered in achieving material well-being. Or family relationships are well-established and predictable, but romance is no longer observed in them.
The main source of goals for the year
Before setting personal goals, everyone should honestly assess where they failed and where they succeeded. It is possible to move on after the assessment. Self-knowledge is the main source of goals for the next year or long-term period.
Many people want to work for themselves. Therefore, you need to know yourself first, you need to get honest information. This is a very important subject, but there is no assistant around. No one teaches, but how do you find out about yourself?
- What do you really know about yourself?
- What is important to know about yourself?
- What makes us run away from ourselves?
There is no established method, process, or strategy for self-discovery. Knowledge is achieved only by trial and error. This is inefficient, often painful, and expensive. But no one has ever been you in this world.
It will take a lot of time to study yourself. But, this investment is worth it. Knowing a large amount of information about yourself will make it easier, faster, and better to make decisions about the lifestyle you want.
Knowing yourself allows you to use your energy much more effectively because habits are aligned with goals. Being more informed about yourself gives you more confidence in making your decisions and more variability in them.
One of the most effective ways of self-knowledge is to perform various self-development exercises and experiment on yourself. Use these methods when choosing goals for the next year of your life.
Exercise 10 goals from Brian Tracy — for the naive
Brian Tracy is a well-known self-development consultant and coach. His typical exercise is: write down a goal, make a plan, and act. No one would have thought to do that :)
Usually, his stories are connected with some American University with incomprehensible research , then he voices his «expert» thoughts and gives primitive recommendations. Brief example:
Brian Tracy on the 10 goals method:
You need to write 10 of your goals in life for the next year. If you had achieved only one goal, what would it be? Make a plan, list of future obstacles, skills, and knowledge required.
They say that the technique of 10 goals is «simply amazing». Sometimes people achieved 5 goals in a week.
The sight of a Macaque with a banana at the volcano is simply amazing!
Brian Tracy gives exercises for primitive people with primitive goals. A little personal experience in setting goals will show you all his «expertise».
This method is suitable for purposes such as: «Wash socks», «Call your mother»,«Take out the beer bottles at last». So, of course, you can even complete 7 out of 10 goals in a week. And the rest of the «next year» to collect new bottles and hide dirty socks.
If you do not have experience in planning your personal life — you need to earn it urgently, so as not to remain a naive victim of «experts».
Personal life planning experience
The main reason why most people do not set goals is their lack of experience in achieving them. They didn't teach me at school, and my mom and dad didn't tell me. Business coaches make your bet, but they have developed a strong habit of resisting development.
Then there are «experiments» of personal growth with magic techniques that give amazing results without leaving the computer. They can say anything because their listeners will not check a word, they will not perform the exercises. Do nothing. And «expert» will become an expert.
Wizard of personal growth
Lack of confidence in their abilities and abilities makes people only talk about their goals, and never write them down. It's safer to forget your goals than to see your lists intact. Living with goals is not safe for a weak mind.
The experience of planning your personal life will help you organize it, give you a sense of power, and strengthen your self-confidence. Planning your personal life is the best way to increase your self-confidence and self-esteem.
Your goals for the next year
I recommend that you start planning your life with a list of 10 goals for the year. I have an average of 50 goals per year and 20-30 mini goals in my plan. Read more «how to make a plan».
If this is your first experience and you find it difficult to assess your strength, I recommend choosing easier goals. You'd better complete them in a month, then make a new list for the rest of the year. Each new plan will be more thoughtful, and with well-chosen goals.
To make a list of goals, I recommend performing the exercise 100 wishes, and choose 5-10 wishes from them. It is better to set not final goals, but a series of intermediate simple and achievable goals. Instead of «Create your own business» — set goals: «Choose a niche for business», «Create a website», «Write 10 articles», «Learn SEO»».
It is very important that the first attempts to live with the prescribed goals are successful. Once again, I highly recommend starting with a simple plan, even a list of tasks.
First – a simple plan.
To warm up your imagination and memory, study the examples below-lists of goals for the year by area of life. Learn more about the lists: 20 goals, 25 goals 50 goals and 100 goals. Make a list of goals that will change you in a year.
10 goals in your work and career
- Take a course in a related specialty.
- To explore options for growth in career.
- Read 12 books on work.
- Go to the management with the help of coaching.
- To get a promotion at work.
- Agree with the management about an additional area of responsibility.
- Perform more complex work tasks.
- Change jobs.
- Determine the range of professions for a new career.
- Organize your company, or choose a direction to search for free niches.
10 life goals for health
- Our development. Determine your current health status.
- Remove 10 harmful products from your diet for a year.
- Get a health consultation.
- To do 12 massages.
- Consultation with an osteopath.
- Try 5 new types of massage.
- Find sports for regular classes 2-3 times a week.
- Starve for a day.
- Take an unconventional Wellness practice.
- Take courses in meditation and relaxation.
10 purchase goals
- Consult a stylist and make purchases with them.
- Evaluate the profitability of buying real estate in your city.
- Do not make emotional purchases for a month, buy in 3-10 days.
- Buy a MacBook and/or iPhone.
- Buy a toy from childhood memories.
- Make a «heartfelt» gift to a friend.
- Buy a toy for an adult yourself.
- Buy a cup, draw a smiley face on it and give it to a colleague.
- Take a tour of the day.
- Wear new clothes in the store after purchase.
10 goals for the year for personal growth
- Read «Thinking fast and slow».
- Study the material from a point of view that you don't accept.
- Learn how to make a presentation.
- Set a personal record for reading books.
- Improve your writing skills: write 5 articles.
- Improve your understanding of statistics: read «The Black Swan».
- Learn how to draw emoticons by hand.
- Raise the level of foreign language proficiency.
- Learn to drive a scooter.
- Make a habit of personal time management.
10 goals for women, men, and families
- Prepare Breakfast for lovers.
- Reduce the need to control everything.
- To read the book «Men are from Mars, women are from Venus».
- Respect your partner more.
- Have fun and a romantic picnic.
- Listen to the course «Natural childbirth».
- Give your companion a handmade decoration.
- Track when you are not listening carefully.
- Have a family dinner by candlelight.
- Say words of support and care more often.
10 goals for travel
- Spend two weeks in Thailand.
- Go skiing.
- Drink coffee in the best coffee shop in the city.
- Go on a kayaking trip with an overnight stay.
- Raft on the river.
- Climb the volcano.
- Work for a week remotely while traveling.
- Go by car to the sea.
- To try to hitchhike.
- Learn how to manage a sailing yacht.
10 goals for recreation and entertainment
- Make a list of 100 wishes.
- Pass the quest room.
- Jump on the jumpers.
- To fly on a plane with aerobatics.
- Ride a Quad bike.
- Climb in the rope Park.
- A ride on the zip line.
- Jump on a trampoline.
- Beat a punching bag.
- Organize an evening of Board games.
10 financial goals for year
- To increase revenue by 25%.
- Read «Rich Dad, the poor dad».
- Learn to evaluate offers with the words «earn, quickly, get rich», what is the difference.
- Create a list of 200 material goals.
- To create or to increase passive income.
- Play the Cash flow Board game.
- Learn not to lend.
- Take the initiative in charity. Ignore beggars.
- Learn the basics of marketing.
- Start a hobby with financial potential.
Make your list of 10 goals for each area of life.
10 goal lists:https://goal-life.com/en/10-goals, 2116274254
- Brian Tracy – «10 goal Technique»